What is the eligibility criteria for the CDS exam?
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the body who chooses the qualification criteria of CDS. Albums qualification criteria 2019 will have the arrangement of standards as far as age, nationality and instructive capability. As indicated by the criteria, hopefuls applying for the test must be 20 to 24 years. Applicants who have finished their graduation or in their last year are qualified to apply for the CDS test gave, they present a pertinent authentication of passing the examination at the season of initiation obviously.
Gravity Institute offers Best CDS training in Delhi. Study grounds are resolved to control you in accomplishing your valuable dream by honing your aptitudes and molding.
Highlights of CDS Eligibility Criteria 2019
- Candidates applying for CDS 1 exam 2019 must be the citizen of India, or
- Candidates from Nepal, Bhutan and Tibetan refugee, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam are also eligible but only after subject to fulfillment eligibility criteria as the rule of Government of India.
Physical standard required for CDS 2019
Below are the physical standard in order to be eligible for CDS 1 2019 exam.
- Candidates must be physically fit as per the prescribed physical standard by UPSC.
- Candidate must have sound mental health and free from any disease/disability that can affect the efficient performance of duties.
- There should be no evidence of weak constitution, bodily defects or overweight.
- The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cm. for Army, 157 cm for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force.
- The height of women candidates’ must be up to 152 cm.
- For candidates belonging to Gorkhas and hills of North-Eastern region of India, Garhwali and Kumaon, the minimum acceptable height will be 5 cm less. For those from Lakshadweep, the minimum acceptable height can be reduced by 2 cms.
- For women candidates, if pregnancy is detected at any stage after selection at SSB or during training will debar the candidates from the grant of commission and cost recovered from the date of joining OTA till the date of debarring on confirmation of pregnancy from Military Hospital Authorities.
- Candidates should have a sufficient number of natural and sound teeth. A minimum of 14 dental points will be acceptable. When 32 teeth are present, the total dental points are 22.
- Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye. A candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be CP-II for Army. Moreover, the candidate should be able to recognize red and green colors.
Points to remember
- For IMA, candidates born before January 2, 1996 and not later than July 1, 2001 are only eligible.
- Candidates born after January 2, 1996 and not later than January 1, 2001 only are eligible for Indian Naval Academy.
- For Air Force Academy, candidates must born after January 2, 1996, and not later than January 1, 2000.
- To be eligible for For Officers’ Training Academy courses, candidates must be born not earlier than January 2, 1995 and not later than January 1, 2001.
- The age of candidates should be as recorded in matriculation/secondary school examination.
- Candidates who are studying in the final year or are yet to pass the final year examination can apply provided they do not have any back up to the last semester at the time of submission of application. They are required to submit proof of passing the examination at the time of commencement of course.
Categorised in: CDS ExamMarch 26, 2019 12:47 pm